Tooth-colored fillings or bonded fillings are better for the teeth in so many ways. They look great, they feel great, and they help preserve the tooth. The bonding of the tooth actually creates a stronger tooth than a silver mercury filling, which is shoved into the tooth and can create cracking of the tooth. I haven't used a silver mercury filling in over 25 years. I was an early adopter of tooth-colored fillings and have had the opportunity to see how they perform over time and they're great.
Tooth decay can destroy your teeth if left untreated. The restorative dentistry team here at A Perfect Smile can repair your decayed teeth in a safe, discreet way. Dr. Nelson, a holistic dentist in Falmouth, ME, offers metal-free tooth fillings that match your natural tooth color. Our composite resin tooth fillings blend seamlessly into your smile, giving you a great-looking, healthy appearance.
Call our office today at 207-536-3508 to schedule your tooth fillings Falmouth, ME area consultation, and find out what tooth-colored fillings can do for you.
Why Would I Need a Tooth Filling?
- Repair the Effects of Tooth Decay – These restorations fill the void left by cavities and support your tooth, so you can eat normally and without discomfort.
- Seal a Root-Canal Treated Tooth – Often, Dr. Nelson will place a tooth-colored filling to seal a tooth after root canal therapy.
- Repair a Broken Tooth – If the damage is minor, we may be able to fix your broken or cracked tooth with a composite resin instead of a dental crown.
Benefits of Composite Resin Tooth Fillings
- Appearance – We match your tooth-colored fillings to the color of your natural teeth, leaving you with a fully white appearance when you smile.
- Versatility – Composite resin is also the same material used for tooth bonding. We can fix chips, crack, cavities, stains, and more all with the same material.
- Tooth Preservation – Composite resin bonds well with your natural tooth, meaning there is less tooth structure removed than with metal fillings or other restorative dentistry treatments.
- Safety – Our tooth-colored fillings are free of metal and mercury, so our health-conscious patients or those with metal allergies can be reassured with their dental solution.
Take Care of Dental Decay with Tooth-Colored Fillings from A Perfect Smile
Call our office today at 207-536-3508 to have your damaged teeth repaired with tooth-colored fillings. Our online form is another way you can schedule a time to have your tooth fillings Falmouth, ME area. Our team will have your smile looking and feeling as good as new fast.