After obtaining his Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Illinois in Champaign in 1980, Dr. Robert V. Nelson furthered his education at the same institution in Chicago and earned his dental degree four years later.
Dr. Nelson is committed to his “patient-first” philosophy and strives to provide the best care possible with long-lasting results. Thus, he takes up to 200 hours of continuing education, “hands-on” courses annually on such topics as:
- sleep apnea treatments
- ultra thin veneers and porcelain veneers
- inlays and onlays
- one-visit root canals
- precision-fit dental crowns and bridges
- teeth-grinding correction
- composite bonding
- teeth whitening
- nonsurgical gum care
- innovative technology such as intraoral cameras, digital X-rays, air abrasion, and DIAGNOdent® early decay detection laser
- oral sedation
- dental implant restorations
Dr. Nelson chooses to stay active in the dental community to stay abreast of the latest developments in dentistry to better benefit his patients. He’s a member of a number of professional organizations, including:
- American Dental Association
- Maine Dental Association
- Greater Portland Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
Not only is Dr. Nelson committed to his patients, he is also dedicated to bettering the Falmouth, ME community and the environment. In his dental practice, he uses renewable resources and environmentally safe products and has a recycling program.
When he’s away from the office, he donates his spare time providing free dental care to needy area residents. He also donates a percentage of profits to organizations such as the Maine Center for Grieving Children, Sweetser Foundation, Amnesty International, Avon Walk to End Breast Cancer, churches, schools, and more.